This week the Times are:
- Penguin Guides will be here from 8.00 pm
- Time birds coming out of the water is after 9.00 pm, but they can be quite late at the moment
- Total number of birds seen in this last week is about 30 + including a few chicks and now penguins going into their annual moult
- Talk by guides about 8.20pm. Come and find out about the penguins. We are well into the breeding season
- No need to book, no cost but donations welcome
Come down this evening and have a great experience with our Friends of Burnie Penguins volunteer guides as they provide a free interpretative guided experience to visitors to the Burnie Little Penguin colony. You will have an opportunity for an intimate view into the seasonal life of penguin families from courtship, through to chick rearing and to moulting adults at the end of the breeding season.
The colony is located along the foreshore in Burnie a very short distance from the city centre, you can walk to the Penguin Observation Centre along a boardwalk from your hotel, or park in the area behind the Makers’ Workshop. The viewing area is level with wheelchair access and is child friendly.
Knowledgeable volunteer guides talk to you about the penguins, answer questions and help you view and photograph – without flashes!- penguins as they go about their normal activities.
You will find the guides for the evening at the Burnie Penguin Observation Centre at dusk, nightly from October 1st until March 31st, regardless of the weather.
See you tonight !!
Back to Main page